At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we’ve provided a number of case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We’re not just your average plastic resin distribution company, we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
- Customer could not get material from existing supplier
- Supplier going through internal systems changes
- Supplier could not commit to quantity and ship dates
- Lack of raw material results in molder shut down, OEM lines shut down not shipping product
- When supplier does ship material, molder is required to take full truckload
Customer Needs Alternative Material/Supplier
PolySource recommends an alternative supplier/material
- PolySource partnered with supplier, Samyang, who offers an offset
- Alternative product meets all required regulatory requirements
- PolySource stocks material in the US
Advantages of New Material
- Material can be a dropped in with minimal testing
- No need for any delay due to submitting for regulatory approval
- Material readily available, stocked in US, 2-day lead time
- PolySource reduces minimum shipments from 40,000 lb. to 20,000 lb. releases. Customer not required to take 40,000 lbs.
Total Cost Savings
- Minimal testing costs, as customer does not have to change resins, just suppliers. Approving alternative takes 2 months – significant time savings – ability to ship product to OEM customer
- 16 week lead time now reduced to 2 days – no shutdowns
- Molder saves 5,000 sq./ft. of warehouse space receiving only20,000 lbs., rather than 40,000 lbs.