At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem-solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we have provided several case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We’re not just your average plastic resin distribution company, we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
Microfluidics are the next frontier in analytics and diagnostics. OEM needing a material that provides amazing detail replication and chemical resistance for mass-produced microfluidic devices.
- Traditional engineering plastics do not offer the purity needed.
- Traditional engineering plastics to not offer the necessary light and UV transparency, with very low autofluorescence.
- Chemical resistance to common solvents used in flow cells and microfluidics, including alcohols, DMSO, acids, bases, and water
- Exceptional light and UV transparency, with very low autofluorescence
- High purity -high surface to volume ratio, microfluidic assemblies require an extremely pure substrate to minimize contamination and maximize results.
- High dimensional stability
- Ability to mold incredibly fine detail replication, Submicron features when needed
- TOPAS polymers have excellent chemical resistance to common solvents used in flow cells and microfluidics, including alcohols, DMSO, acids, bases, and of course water
- TOPAS COC include exceptional light and UV transparency, with very low autofluorescence.
- The high purity of TOPAS COC medical grade plastic means that leachables and extractables are lower than other materials.
Advantages of New Material
- The inert, nonreactive and nontoxic nature of TOPAS medical polymers contributes to the perfect environment for microchemistry.
- TOPAS resins enable integration of advanced analytical capabilities into your lab-on-a-chip design.
- By starting at the beginning and understanding “ALL” the needs, PolySource determined TOPAS COC to be the best candidate ensuring the customer consistent and reproducible performance.