At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we’ve provided a number of case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We’re not just your average plastic resin distribution company, we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
The contact pressure between the edge of the moving conveyor and stationary nylon corner wear strip generated enough heat to melt the acetal conveyor.
- The wear strip was losing its wear resistance over time as the nylon 66 absorbed moisture.
- The conveyor was located in an area of the bottling operation where frequent cleaning and rinsing with water were necessary to remove sticky build up from spilled beverage
- This was causing the wear strip to reach moisture contents greater than 4.5%
- Increasing the line speed back to 300 fpm, while maintaining long conveyor life
Current lubricated Nylon wear strip was not the right material for this application
Our technical team recommends replacing it with a lubricated POK – Polysource’s Integra POK 9060 LX BK-4000
- Low coefficient of friction even without external water
- Its frictional and wear performance are unaffected by moisture
- Melting point of 428F/220C
Advantages of New Material
- Line speed could be increased from 300 FPM to 380 FPM while still achieving the desired conveyor lifetime
Total Cost Savings
- Converting the wear strip to PolySource’s Integra POK increased cost 16%
- The up-time of the process was doubled lowering the cost %20
- 100 FPM increase in line speed lowered the the total cost 27%