At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem-solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we have provided several case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We are not just your average plastic resin distribution company; we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
OEM specified and was using high viscosity PA6.
- High viscosity PA6 absorbs moisture causing loss in part modulus.
- Customer was having customer performance complaints and field failures.
- Similar mold shrinkage to ULTRAMID® B4.
- Provide dimensional stability to the current material.
- Provide ultimate strain yielding excellent toughness.
- Abrasion resistance to sandy soil.
- 2-year UV resistance.
- New product needed to be tested and approved ASAP
- PolySource recommends INTEGRA™ POK 9070 BLACK w/UV additive Polyketone to replace ULTRAMID® B4.
- Expedited all facets of development.
- One-week to mold trial
- One-week to measure fir and dimensions
- Eight-week beta site field test.
- TEN WEEK FULL APPROVAL
- PolySource Integra custom materials were designed to meet the mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, ultimate strain/excellent toughness, abrasion resistance to sandy soil and two-year UV resistance to meet all the application requirements.
- PolySource quick response met the customers aggressive development timetable.
Advantages of New Material
- INTEGRA™ POK 9070 shipped in ten weeks after the field complaints were discovered with ULTRAMID® B4
- CUSTOMER COMPLAINTS REDUCED TO NEAR ZERO.
By starting at the beginning and understanding “ALL” the complex mechanical property needs and CTQs, including mold shrinkage, ultimate strain/excellent toughness, abrasion resistance to sandy soil and two-year UV resistance a material can be formulated, tested, and approved successfully and efficiently saving the customer time and money. PolySource developed a customized material solution to meet all the customer’s CTQs and eliminated complaints, field failures and product returns.