At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem-solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we have provided several case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We are not just your average plastic resin distribution company; we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
OEM specified and was using DELRIN® 100P.
- Lead time on purchasing product by current supplier extended to “we don’t know when we can ship your order”.
- No commitment from supplier meant an expected production shutdown.
- Similar mold shrinkage to DELRIN® 100P.
- Provide comparable dimensional stability to the current material.
- Provide stiffness and impact strength to meet the demanding requirements.
- Provide low coefficient of friction, (COF), to provide needed lubricity during operation.
- Chemical resistance to greases and lubrication oils found in the package handler operation.
- New product needed to be tested and approved ASAP
- PolySource recommends INTEGRA™ POK 9070 Polyketone to replace DELRIN® 100P.
- Expedited all facets of development.
- One-week to mold trial
- One-week to measure fir and dimensions
- Four-week beta site field test.
- SIX WEEK APPROVAL
- PolySource Integra custom materials were designed to meet the mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, stiffness, impact, and lubricity to meet all the application requirements.
- PolySource quick response met the customers aggressive development timetable.
Advantages of New Material
- INTEGRA™ POK 9070 Polyketone shipped in six weeks after the supply issue was discovered with DELRIN 100P®
- Customer found a 10% savings in part cost with INTEGRA™ POK 9070 Polyketone VS DELRIN® 100P
- NO PRODUCTION SHUTDOWN.
- CUSTOMER REDUCED EXTENDED LEAD TIME TO NEXT DAY BY POLYSOURCE STOCKING MATERIAL
By starting at the beginning and understanding “ALL” the complex mechanical property needs and CTQs, including mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, and low friction CTQ’s, a material can be formulated, tested and approved successfully and efficiently saving the customer time and money. PolySource developed a customized material solution and a stocking program to meet all the customer’s CTQs and eliminated shutdown, now or in the future.