At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we’ve provided a number of case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We’re not just your average plastic resin distribution company, we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
- Snowmobile bushing was manufactured using nylon 66
- The shock-absorber assembly’s elastomer seal could be dislodged by ice and rock impact
- After the seal failed, water and ice could get into the shock-absorber mechanism
- Once the seal failed, the bushing absorbed moisture and swelled, altering the interference fit between the shaft of the shock absorber and the I.D. of the bushing
Convert the nylon 66 bushing to a lubricated, 30% glass-reinforced POK (Integra POK 9030 GA6 LX3 BK-4000)
- POK offers a low moisture absorption than nylon 66
- POK has lower friction than nylon 66
- POK offers higher mechanical strength than nylon 66
Advantages of New Material
- POK yielded an extra 17 second reduction in the injection molding cycle.
Total Cost Savings
- OEM estimated the replacement cost at $55,000-$60,000 if they did nothing and just provided replacement parts
- Loss of brand value if they did not achieving root cause solution
- Switching to Integra POK saved +$13,000 compared to just accepting warranty cost