At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem-solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we have provided several case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We are not just your average plastic resin distribution company; we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
OEM specified and was using high impact nylon PA12.
- Current material cost exceeded budgeted design cost resulting in higher-than-expected component/system costs.
- Customer was also experiencing continued extended lead times resulting shutdowns, loss production and unfilled customer orders.
- Similar mold shrinkage to high impact nylon PA12.
- Provide dimensional stability to the current material.
- High ultimate strain/excellent toughness.
- Provide low coefficient of friction, (COF), to provide the need in a dry sliding environment.
- Adhesion with over molded TPR second shot.
- New product needed to be tested and approved ASAP
- PolySource recommends INTEGRA™ POK 9060 FC1 Polyketone to replace high impact nylon PA12.
- Expedited all facets of development.
- One-week to mold trial
- One-week to measure fit and dimensions.
- One-week for second shot over-mold trial and peel test.
- Four-week beta site field test.
- SEVEN WEEK APPROVAL
- PolySource Integra custom materials were designed to meet the mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, ultimate strain/excellent toughness, low coefficient of friction, (COF), in a dry sliding environment and adhesion with over molded TPR second shot.
Advantages of New Material
- INTEGRA™ POK 9060 FC1 Polyketone shipped in six weeks after the supply issue was discovered with replace high impact nylon PA12.
- Lower raw material cost and system costs below initial design budget.
- Customer was able to consolidate parts for further cost savings.
- NO PRODUCTION SHUTDOWN.
- CUSTOMER REDUCED LEAD TIME TO NEXT DAY BY POLYSOURCE STOCKING MATERIAL
By starting at the beginning and understanding “ALL” the complex mechanical property needs and CTQs, mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, ultimate strain/excellent toughness, low coefficient of friction, (COF), (to provide the need in a dry sliding environment) and adhesion with over molded TPR second shot a material can be formulated, tested, and approved successfully and efficiently saving the customer time and money. PolySource developed a customized material solution to meet all the customer’s CTQs and eliminated shutdown.