At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem-solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we have provided several case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We are not just your average plastic resin distribution company; we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
OEM specified and was using high impact PA6.
- Customer was experiencing price increases resulting in component/system cost increases.
- Customer was also experiencing continued extended lead times resulting shutdowns, loss production and unfilled customer orders.
- Similar mold shrinkage to high impact PA6.
- Provide comparable dimensional stability to the current material.
- Excellent drop impact resistance
- Abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction, (COF).
- Needs to be food contact compliant.
- New product needed to be tested and approved ASAP.
- PolySource recommends INTEGRA™ POK 9060FC1 Polyketone to replace high impact PA6.
- Expedited all facets of development.
- One-week to mold trial
- One-week to measure fit and dimensions and drop impact test.
- TWO WEEK FULL APPROVAL
- PolySource Integra custom materials were designed to meet the mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, drop impact requirement and abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction, (COF) to meet all the application requirements.
- Material is FDA food contact compliant.
- PolySource quick response met the customers aggressive development timetable.
Advantages of New Material
- INTEGRA™ POK 9060 FC1 Polyketone shipped in two weeks after the field complaints were discovered with high impact PA6.
- CUSTOMER SAVED MONEY AND REDUCED LEAD TIME TO NEXT DAY BY POLYSOURCE STOCKING MATERIAL
By starting at the beginning and understanding “ALL” the complex mechanical property needs and CTQs, including mold shrinkage, dimensional stability, drop impact requirement and abrasion resistance and low coefficient of friction, (COF) a material can be formulated, tested and approved successfully. PolySource developed a customized material solution to meet all the customer’s CTQs and eliminated complaints, field failures and product returns.