At PolySource, we pride ourselves on the technical problem-solving abilities of our consultants in the field. We consistently aim to provide the best solutions for our customers, which is why our field experts are trained at every level of plastic program development. To showcase this expertise, we have provided several case studies that emphasize the PolySource advantage. We’re not just your average plastic resin distribution company; we are your partner in delivering technical solutions that your business benefits from.
An OEM needed to consolidate like materials from various molders into a smaller, more manageable group. Their marketing team also wanted to push sustainability/circularity by using a resin grade with recycled feedstocks.
They needed to define key requirements in order to fulfill the recycled content percentage along with the performance requirements.
- A certain percentage of recycled content
- 3rd party certified feedstock
- Melt flow requirements
- UL 94 Flammability
- PolySource’s technical team worked with the customer to define key requirements in order to fulfill the sustainability piece along with the performance requirements.
- Our team was able to offer 50% certified Retegra™ recycled content, 3rd party certified to UL 2809, and a UL 94 HB option without sacrificing mechanical performance when compared to a virgin grade. This was the only offer they received that had a UL Yellow Card and 3rd party certification.
- The OEM can now consider this for more applications since the properties match those of a virgin prime material.
- They were able to achieve price and sustainability targets.